This is a 1 day course which is designed to concentrate on pre-existing basic welding skills and tailoring them to 2mm, 1.5mm & 1mm mild steel, with the aim to be able to confidently weld thin sheet metal.
ALL Materials and consumables are included on the day!
Refreshment facility’s will be available
- A start time of 10.00am and finishing time is approximately 05.00pm
- A short, but necessary Health and Safety talk will be provided.
- A short introduction into the facility provided as well as the equipment and tooling which will be used.
- Discussion and details on how to and the differences with MIG welding thin sheet.
- Practical Demo on how to set up the welder and preparation specifically for welding thin sheet using the MIG welding process.
- Practical demo and instructions on welding 1.5mm/1mm steel.
- Start welding using modern MIG welding machines with ready cut clean metal for welds.
- What to look for in both a good and a bad weld as well as controlling and reducing distortion within the work piece.
- Relevant and specific advice on repairing holes and damage in thin sheet metal.
- Advice is also available for any specific job needs and questions that need to be answered.
- Small group numbers allows attentive tuition throughout the day.
- Advice can also be given on cutting equipment methods and applications.
This course is available on request